The IQL Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work qualification enables a first-aider to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work and covers a range of CPR and first aid skills, providing you with the skills to ensure a safe working environment.
The qualification is Ofqual accredited and valid for three years, making it suitable for all industries and enabling you to meet HSE requirements.
About the Course
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is 6 hours and can be delivered in one day or split into smaller sessions over a 3 week period from the start of the course. The course comprises of practical work and theoretical classroom work, including practical assessment on CPR and first aid.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment.
- No prior first aid knowledge is required.
- Must be able to undertake practical activity involving kneeling and lying down.
- All Active Luton courses are delivered and assessed in English. Tutors must be convinced that you have sufficient fluency in written and spoken English to cope with your course from the start.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- How to use an AED
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock
- How to assess an incident
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- How to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty with external bleeding
Emergency First Aid at Work is Trainer Assessed throughout the course and the assessment should determine a candidate’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and to deal with a casualty.
All Assessment Criteria in the units must be achieved. This will include practical demonstrations and 1 multiple choice exam papers.
A 2 hour accredited anaphylaxis bolt on module, is available for this course.
Book a Course
Click here to view all course dates
To book a course just follow this link
To Find Out More
Contact Anna Bright:
Call: 01582 400 272