The IQL UK NRASTC Renewal is a supervision and rescue qualification for teachers working on the poolside or in the water during programmed activities, such as a swimming lesson. It is suitable for teachers working in a wide range of swimming pools where the water is deeper than the teachers’ standing depth and meets the Individual sites risk assessment.
The guided learning hours (GLH) including assessment are 8 hours.
The qualification is valid for 2 years.
About this course
The National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches is delivered as a 1 day course. The course comprises of a review of the knowledge and understanding of candidates holding a valid qualification with practical work in and out of the swimming pool and theoretical classroom work, as well as practical assessment in aquatic rescue, CPR and first aid and candidates.
All Active Luton courses are delivered and assessed in English. Tutors must be convinced that you have sufficient fluency in written and spoken English to cope with your course from the start.
- Valid and in date RLSS NRASTC qualification, copied and sent in at time of booking
- Be aged 16 or older at the time of the assessment
- Swim 50m
- Surface dive (1.2m or 2m at Inspire or 1.7m at Lewsey) to the deepest part the pool; and climb out without help and without using steps or ladders
- Must be able to undertake practical activity involving kneeling and lying down.
- The teacher, swimming pool and class management
- Intervention, rescue and emergency action
- CPR and First Aid
An Independent assessor completes first aid, CPR and wet side practical and verbal questions to check understanding, all criteria must be passed for the qualification to be awarded.
No goggles can be worn during assessment of the qualification
Book a Course
Click here to view all course dates
To book a course just follow this link
To Find Out More
Contact Anna Bright:
Call: 01582 400 272