National Pool Lifeguard Qualification GENERATION 9 with Emergency First Aid at Work – (NPLQ / EFAW) - (37 hours)
Through IQL UK, the leading provider of lifeguard training, there are more than 90,000 RLSS UK pool lifeguards trained in the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ).
IQL UK is the awarding organisation, regulated by Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA in Northern Ireland and accredited by SQA Accreditation in Scotland.
This qualification is valid for 2 years from assessment.
The following bolt on modules are also available:
- First Aid at Work – (FAAW) plus 2 hours
- Automated External Defibrillator – (AED) plus 1.5 hours
- Anaphylaxis plus 1.5 hours
About the course
The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification can be delivered as a 5 / 6 day intensive course or split into smaller sessions over a number of weeks. The course comprises of practical work in and out of the swimming pool and theoretical classroom work, as well as practical assessment in aquatic rescue, CPR and first aid and candidates are required to complete a series of activity worksheets throughout the course.
Candidates must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits
- Must be able to undertake practical activity involving kneeling and lying down.
- All Active Luton courses are delivered and assessed in English. Tutors must be convinced that you have sufficient fluency in written and spoken English to cope with your course from the start
The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the swimming pool.
The NPLQ covers:
- Swimming Pool Safety Operation and Supervision
- Pool Lifeguard Emergency Rescue Skills
- First Aid, Illness and Injury Management in a Pool Environment
An Independent Assessor completes First Aid, CPR and wet side practical skills assessment and all candidates must complete multiple choice exam papers at the end of the course. All sections must be passed.
Emergency First Aid at Work, First Aid at Work, AED and Anaphylaxis bolt on modules (as appropriate) are assessed by the trainer and can only be awarded once the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification has been passed.
Book a Course
Click here to view all course dates
To book a course just follow this link
To Find Out More
Contact Anna Bright:
Call: 01582 400 272