The Aquatic Therapy Shallow Pool Rescue Award is a qualification that can be delivered in 3 different formats and can be delivered between 1 – 2 days or split into smaller sessions over a number of sessions to a maximum of 3 weeks. The ATSPRA qualification is valid for two years.
About this course
The ATSPRA is a supervision and rescue qualification for therapists, teachers and support staff working on the poolside or in the water during activities such as, aquatic therapy or therapeutic exercise/play. The qualification is suitable for use in shallow pools where the rescuer will not be required to swim to perform a rescue, with water no deeper than the rescuers chest depth
All Active Luton courses are delivered and assessed in English. Tutors must be convinced that you have sufficient fluency in written and spoken English to cope with your course from the start
The following bolt on modules are also available:
- Emergency First Aid at Work - (EFAW) plus 6 hours (valid for 3 years)
- Automated External Defibrillator - (AED) plus 1.5 hours (valid for 2 years)
To gain the ATSPRA qualification candidates must:
- Be aged 16 years or older at the time of the assessment
- Wade in standing depth water swiftly and confidently
- Regain their feet from a face-down and face-up floating position
- Climb out of the pool unaided
- Must be able to undertake practical activity involving kneeling and lying down.
The teacher, swimming pool and class management
Intervention, rescue and emergency action
CPR and First Aid
An Independent assessor completes first aid, CPR and wet side practical and verbal questions to check understanding, all criteria must be passed to be awarded.
No goggles can be worn during assessment of the qualification.
Book a Course
Click here to view all course dates
To book a course just follow this link
To Find Out More
Contact Anna Bright:
Call: 01582 400 272