Apprenticeship: Customer Service
Award: NVQ Diploma in Customer Service Level 2
Duration: 12 months
An apprenticeship in Customer Service is ideal for anyone who enjoys meeting and talking to people and who is looking for a career in a role with a customer facing focus.
As an Apprentice you will receive full on the job training and mentoring. In addition you will work towards qualifications which includes an NVQ Level 2, Integral knowledge and work based learning modules and Functional Skills in Maths and English, Level 1
This exciting role will provide you with a thorough grounding in customer service and will include working in all aspects of the business.
This will include:
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Answering the telephone
- Using Active Luton in-house IT systems including taking bookings
- Promoting Active Luton products and services
- Filing, laminating and photocopying
- Active Support for the Administration Team
- Email and input to database systems
- Reception duties
- Dealing with cash handling and reconciliation of cash
- Retail sales and stock taking
Case Study: Chris Foster - Customer Service
Chris began his Customer Service apprenticeship in October 2015 and is gaining experience working in the Pro Shop at Stockwood Park Golf Centre.
‘I love golf, so it was an ideal setting for me to learn the basics of the working world. I’m really enjoying it, especially having to provide special customer service and building that closer relationship with regular customers. I have also got to learn the basic aspects about how real businesses work and are run in the real world, which has been really helpful’.