The Active Education Team provides a range of activities to enhance the schools Health and Wellbeing provision for all age groups. This includes Change 4 Life, First Aid training, support for health weeks and daily physical activities.
Change for Life Clubs
These are designed to engage the least active. Innovative and engaging activities motivate and inspire children who, for a number of reasons, may be less active than some of
The team can offer:
- Specific training for school staff to lead clubs and activities
- Run clubs for children over a number of weeks.
- Run whole or half day sessions as part of health weeks, school sports weeks or as part of enrichment opportunities
First Aid Training for Children
Perfect for meeting the requirements of many aspects of the National Curriculum, First Aid training can be delivered to all year groups including early years.
Sessions can be:
- Single sessions focusing on one aspect of first aid eg how to check if someone is breathing and putting them in the recovery position
- A series of sessions covering what to do in a variety of scenarios – asthma attacks, choking, how to call 999.
The training is appropriate for the year group involved and can include areas that cover science, literacy (especially around sequencing of events, language and communication) and PSHE.
Daily Physical Activity
Recognised as an important contributor to not only children’s health but also their concentration and academic attainment, short bursts of daily physical activity can take a variety of forms.
The team can discuss and help implement a range of strategies including:
- Classroom based breaks,
- Short whole school fitness sessions
- Training for staff and students to lead activities.
Many schools choose to have a healthy schools focus week. The team can provide support to deliver some or all of the above activities to a variety of year groups.
A typical day’s support may include -
Morning – First Aid workshops focusing on keeping safe and what to do in an emergency.
Afternoon – Change for Life activities focusing on being active and things that can be undertaken at home.
If you would like to discuss how the Active Education Team can support your school and staff with Health and Wellbeing programmes please call the team on 01582 400272