Couch to 5k, with a little help from our LFconnect app...
Taking up running can seem like a scary prospect, especially if you feel out of shape or unfit but…
With the LFconnect app our experienced Fitness Coaches or ‘buddy’ can help gradually get you from Couch to 5K in just 9 weeks.
What is Couch to 5K?
Couch to 5K is a running plan for all standards from absolute beginners to advanced! The plan involves 3 days of interval running and walking, with a day of rest in-between. With a different schedule for each of the 9 weeks your LFconnect buddy sends you along with helpful tips & advice to keep you on track.
How does Couch to 5K work with the LFconnect app?
Probably the biggest challenge a new runner faces is not knowing how or where to start. Your buddy will get you set up with a weekly schedule and target, all available straight to your phone. The LFconnect app allows you to tmap your workout through the GPS mode, so not even the weather will be able to stop you as you can bring your workouts into the gym but uploading your workouts to the gym treadmills!
Beginning at week 1 you’ll be running for short periods at a time, creating realistic expectations and making the challenge feel achievable right from the start. Get your couch to 5k plan today!
Who is Couch to 5K for?
Couch to 5K is for everyone. Whether you've never run before or if you just want to get more active, Couch to 5K is a free and easy way of getting fitter, stronger and healthier.
What are the benefits?
1. There are plenty of benefits from getting into running. For starters, it's an easy way of improving your physical health.
2. Running requires little equipment, but a good pair of running shoes!
3. Running regularly will improve the health of your heart and lungs. It can also help you lose weight.
4. There's evidence it may help increase bone density in some people, which can help protect against bone disease.
5. There are also mental benefits of running. Taking on the challenge of Couch to 5K can help boost your confidence and self-belief, as you prove to yourself that you can set yourself a target and achieve a goal.
6. Running regularly can also be a great stress reliever and has even been shown to combat depression.
To fully benefit from the LF connect experience ask in centre about linking your app with the gym team...
Download your LF Connect app today!